Today we are exploring the Transform Panel – Align Tab.
This is a very important and useful panel when you are creating designs & one I use almost every time I open the Silhouette software.
The Transform Panel is on the right side of Silhouette Studio v4 and the first tab on this panel is the Align Tab.
Let’s take a look at the entire Align tab.
- Center – This icon is the Center to Page and it will center the design in relation to the Page Size you have set under the Page Setup Panel – Page Size. Here I have resized my design (Softball Mom by SM Designs) and then hit the Center to Page icon and it centered that to my 12″ x 12″ page size.Then you have the Center multiple objects icon. When multiple objects are selected, this will center those objects to each other. If I draw a circle and select both objects, click on the center multiple objects, it will center those designs
- Horizontal – There are 3 options here: (A) left edge, (B) center, (C) right edge.
(Dots Nice – A Dotty Handwritten font by One Oak Designs)
- Vertical – There are 3 align options here: (A) top, (B) center, (C) bottom edge.
(SG Beach Vacay Dingbats Font by Sophie Gallo – Design #240727)
- Horizontal Spacing – With multiple objects selected (more than 3), this will space those objects equal distance apart horizontally.
- Vertical Spacing – With multiple objects selected (more than 3), this will space those objects equal distances apart vertically.
And there you have the details of the Align tab in the Transform Panel of Silhouette Studio v4.
Now, there is no need to eye-ball the spacing or alignment, let the software do the work for you.
You can also find the same icon in the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) at the top when more than one object is selected.
Check out the other posts in the Let’s Explore v4 Series HERE.
Save this for future reference by pinning the image below.
I would love to see what you are creating with your Silhouette machine.
Feel free to post on my Facebook group
Silhouette Secrets with EllyMae.
If you have questions feel free to post below or on the Facebook group too!
**This post may contain affiliate links. What that means is that I may receive compensation if you purchase through the links I have provided. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher but I may get compensated for sharing.