Every year we hear about new machines or new products being released by Silhouette America. Usually we hear about the new released at the Silhouette Summit, however, this year is no ordinary year as we all know.
But that doesn’t mean that there is no new news.
Today is the day for the release of the new Portrait 3.
What is new with this machine?
Here is the official information:
Silhouette Portrait® 3
The Silhouette Portrait® is our smallest desktop cutting machine. It’s perfect for cutting materials up to 8 inches wide and
up to 60 feet long. The Portrait is ideal for cutting any letter- and A4-sized materials like paper, cardstock, and sticker
sheets as well as longer rolls of material, like vinyl or heat transfer. The Portrait 3 was built with ease and portability in
mind. Take it with you on the go for whenever creativity strikes!
Machine features include:
• Cutting width of up to 8 inches
• Cutting length of up to 12 inches (with a cutting mat) OR up to 60 feet (with select rolled materials)
• Matless cutting capabilities (see Tech Specs for full details)
• Automatic tool detection
• Print & Cut registration capability
• PixScan™ compatible
• 2 mm clearance for thicker materials
• Connect via USB or use Bluetooth® for wireless connectivity
• Driven by Silhouette Studio®, giving you limitless design options
This would be a great machine if you are wanting to travel with.
Here is a comparison to the other Silhouette machines
In addition to the new machine release there are also several bundles available and 40% off adhesive vinyl as well.
– Portrait Cutting Mat (Standard Tack)
– Scratch-off Sticker – Printable
– Sticker Sheets – Rose Gold Foil
– Sticker Sheets – Clear
– Sticker Sheets – White
– Sticker Sheets – Silver Foil
– Washi Paper Sheets
– Sticker Sheets – White Glitter
– Temporary Tattoo Paper
– Scratch-Off Sticker – Gold
– Shrink Plastic – Clear
– Magnet Paper – Adhesive
– Stencil Sheets – Adhesive
These sales run from 8/21 to 8/31.
I always love to see what new & exciting things are coming.
Don’t forget to use my Elite Affiliate code SILSECRETS to get these specials.
Portrait 3 tip:
Make sure to add in the Silhouette adapters for the new tool housing to your purchase so that you can use other blades in the Portrait as well as the Autoblade.
The Portrait 3 only comes with the blue sketch pen adapter.
However, they are planning to release new tools that fit in the housing without the adapters – look for more information on that soon.
But for now, grab the adapters so you can use other blades as well.
No matter what Silhouette machine you have, I would love to see what you make!
Feel free to post photos or questions on my Facebook group at
Save this for future reference by pinning the image below.