Conical Warp – What is it?
Conical warp shapes your design given the dimensions that you enter to fit the conical object you are trying to place a design on.
A conical shape is one that is smaller at one end than the other, like a cup.
Have you ever tried to place a vinyl decal on a cup only to find that it doesn’t lay flat or line up? This is where the Conical Warp Panel will come in handy.
Conical Warp is a Designer Edition Plus feature or higher upgrade feature and can be found on the bottom right of the Silhouette Studio v4 software.
So let’s take a look at what this panel means.
- Conical Warp Selected Shapes – Select the design to warp and then click on this to start warping the design.
*Be Your Own Crazy Self Phrase by Kolette Hall – Design #169936
*Romantic Flourish Set by Sarah Bailey Design #75427
When the design is being warped you will see the red box with curved lines on the top and bottom appear around the design.
- Diagram – Shows a diagram of the object you are entering the measurements for. As you add measurements the shape will change.
- Top Measurement – Measure and enter the top measurement of the object.
- Bottom Measurement – Measure and enter the bottom measurement of the object.
- Top to Bottom Measurement – Measure and enter the measurements from the top to the bottom.
- Size of Design – Increase or decrease the size of the design. Depending on the design you have, it not be a big difference you see on the screen. it will depend on the curvature of the object to be warped. As you enter the measurements, you should see it change on the screen.
- Placement of design – Adjust the placement of the design from the top or bottom of the curvatures of the cup. As you can see, in this design it curves the arrows and that is noticeable.
- Cancel or Apply – Choose to cancel or to keep the warp.Cancel will undo everything chosen.Apply will release the warp and the design will be ungrouped. Make sure to group it back together so it will move as one item.When you click on Apply, you may get a Processing pop up. This is a lot of data that it is changing, just be patient and it will depend on the computer processing power on how long it takes to finish.
Now, it is ready to cut with the warp that will help it apply straight onto the cup.
This feature makes it so much easier to apply a decal straight onto a conical object.
Now, I will let this decal sit for 72 hours for the adhesive to cure on the cup for best results.
I hope this helps you understand the Conical Warp Panel in the Silhouette Studio v4 software! It is such a fun feature to play with and I encourage you to just try it!
**This post may contain affiliate links. What that means is that I may receive compensation if you purchase through the links I have provided. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher but I may get compensated for sharing.