This class has been in creation for a long while and I first want to send a great big THANK YOU to Marjorie DiFiore with Atlanta Stylish Point!
Marjorie contacted me last year about a need she was seeing in brand new Silhouette Studio software users who did not necessarily own a Silhouette cutting machine, but were using the Silhouette Studio Business Edition to create for use in other programs or machines. We have worked together and she has answered my numerous questions regarding svg files, specifically in use with a GlowForge laser machine.
THANK YOU Marjorie!
Due to our big move, the class creation was delayed a bit, but I am excited to announce it is now available on my Teachable site!
With more to come in the future!
Check out the new class HERE
Silhouette Studio Software Basics to Create SVG Files
In this Silhouette Studio software class we use basic tools to create and export a svg file. We will discuss the important factors to know before creating svg files, how to install fonts, use basic tools to create a svg file, demonstrating using the exported file in the Glowforge App, and a bonus video on 3 additional tools in Silhouette Studio that can help in your design creations.
Who is this class for?
This class is for
– those who are laser machine owners and want to get started learning to use the Silhouette Studio software to design and export files in svg format to use with the laser machine
– if you are a beginner Silhouette user who wants to learn how to create svg files, this class is going to cover the basics of getting started with Silhouette and creating a simple svg file
– beginners to Silhouette Studio in general – the class covers several of the basic tools to get started creating your own designs using fonts. The class also discusses more advanced features of exporting as a svg file.
What if you do not own a laser machine can you still take the class?
Of course! The information will be relevant to anyone who wants to get started creating in the Silhouette software with the option to export as a svg file using the Silhouette Studio Business Edition upgrade.
Affiliate links are present in the following supply list and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
The cost to you is no different, but I may earn a commission by you using the links provided.
– Silhouette Studio Software
– Silhouette Studio Business Edition Upgrade
*this is discussed in class why it’s needed and how to get it
Optional fonts used in class:
– Radicals Font by Plusstore – main class demo
– Bohemian Script font – Silhouette Design Store or Creative Fabrica – Bonus class demo photo
Section 1 – Important Factors Supporting PDF download
Section 2 – Important Factors to Create a SVG File – 20 minutes
Section 3 – Installing Fonts – 6 minutes
Section 4 – Creating a SVG Design in Silhouette Studio – 39 minutes
Section 5 – Demonstration of Exported Design in the Glowforge App – 16 minutes
Section 6 – Bonus: Additional Tools in Silhouette Studio – 16 minutes
This class is available on my Teachable site
I currently have 22 different Silhouette classes available on Teachable.
These are all step-by-step video classes that are taught just like an in-person class.
The best part about being available online is that you can view the class anytime and as many times as needed to practice the technique.
Check out all the available classes
I would love to see what you are creating with your Silhouette software or machines!
Feel free to post on my Facebook group at
Silhouette Secrets with EllyMae.
Save this for future reference by pinning the image below.
THANK YOU for your support! How can you help? Click HERE & buy a coffee.
Every little bit helps with the cost of running the site.